We love our city, and we are always looking for and finding more to love. One of the best ways to do this is to taste. It seems like St. Louis is somehow moving forward with every new restaurant we discover. There is something in us that says, "Hey, this place could change the city." Neighborhoods are marked by their food culture, and the better the food, the better the city. This is why we cheer on places like Local Harvest Cafe and The London Tea Room. They see potential in themselves that goes beyond their menu. I hope they know we see it too.
Our most recent eats and what we loved:
Half and Half - citrus donuts (i.e. churros)
The Good Pie - that napoletana dough
Kakao Chocolate - goat's milk caramel and the dark chocolate bark with pecans
Local Harvest Cafe - the Local Slinger
The London Tea Room - the Naughty Vicar loose leaf
Blues City Deli - the Veno
Urban Chestnut - Cuvee de Peche and Weem's Wheat
If I could buy stock in the Blues City Deli, I would.
ReplyDelete